HATS off to these brave ladies for baring all in a ‘Calendar Girls’ style shoot to raise funds for their village feria.
Revealing exclusively their photo for April 2011, the women have also stripped in various poses, including
poolside, for the calendar which supports Villanueva de la Concepcion.
The group of five British women and a Dutch friend decided to get naked for a good cause over a ‘bottle of wine or two’.
“We wanted to do something to show that, as expats, we were integrating into the community,” said Sue Cooke, 57, pictured second right, holding fan.
“We thought it would be nice to physically support them by raising funds for the August feria. It felt like
such a ridiculous idea at our age, but we decided to go for it anyway.”
The group took many practice shots in their own homes before enlisting a professional photographer, Felix Garcia, who did all 12 shots, individually and in groups, in one day.
“We were so nervous about being undressed in front of each other but as the weeks and months progressed it
“We then set aside two weeks for the nervous task of getting advertisers on board, but we’d filled it within three days!” said
Sue, whose hoping that sales to the public will go as well when the six euro calendar is launched at a special event in the village this week.
For order enquiries contact Sue Cooke at [email protected]
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00