The Junta has postponed a green tax on plastic bags, following complaints from shopkeepers across the region.
The five cent levy on plastic bags will now come into force on May 1, five months later than originally planned.
“We are a government that listens,” said Junta’s ministers following the decision to postpone the tax.
The Olive Press launched a campaign against plastic bags as long ago as 2008.
- Brit arrested at Malaga airport with nine cocaine packages - 11 Jan, 2011 @ 09:52
- Spanish mayor calls it quits - 10 Jan, 2011 @ 18:40
- Dropping the donkeys in Spain - 10 Jan, 2011 @ 18:20
- ETA calls truce - 10 Jan, 2011 @ 12:44
- Prehistoric cannibal victims found in Spain - 8 Jan, 2011 @ 10:00
- Doctors who sent a Spanish toddler home four times before her death are sued by mother - 7 Jan, 2011 @ 14:23
- Pensioners found dead on deserted Spanish estates - 7 Jan, 2011 @ 12:32
- Spain’s Hindu guru charged with sexual abuse - 6 Jan, 2011 @ 13:28
- Hope still alive to find Amy Fitzpatrick - 6 Jan, 2011 @ 10:49
- Three Kings take to the Sierra Nevada pistas - 6 Jan, 2011 @ 09:44