A TURKEY has been found inside the suitcase of a man travelling back to Malaga.
The 10lb frozen bird was quickly confiscated by staff after the man’s hand luggage went through security checks at Cardiff airport.
The passenger feared he would not be able to enjoy a traditional Christmas meal in Spain so decided to smuggle one back from the UK.
Perishable goods cannot be transported abroad without permission, but the man was surprised and reportedly argued that it wouldn’t thaw at 30,000ft.
- Expat female chef chases off machete-wielding robbers - 18 Mar, 2011 @ 06:00
- People who study are healthier - 18 Mar, 2011 @ 05:30
- Poet Carlos Pranger: The new Brenan - 18 Mar, 2011 @ 05:00
- Spanish women are having fewer children - 17 Mar, 2011 @ 07:15
- Pill bargaining - 17 Mar, 2011 @ 07:00
- Carmen Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum set to open in Malaga - 16 Mar, 2011 @ 08:00
- Spain complains about Gibraltar landfill plans - 16 Mar, 2011 @ 08:00
- Operation nuclear clean-up - 15 Mar, 2011 @ 08:30
- Sevilla royal visit for Prince Charles and Camilla - 14 Mar, 2011 @ 10:56
- Ruffled feathers in Ronda - 14 Mar, 2011 @ 08:45