A GECKO has been found in a bag of broccoli shipped from Spain.
The 10cm lizard travelled all the way from the Costa del Sol to Brentwood, Essex where housewife Margaret Perthen discovered the reptile in her kitchen.
Gordon Gecko, as he has since been named, survived 1,600km in a heat sealed bag and made it to a UK Tesco store.
Margaret said she felt sorry for him as he had lost his tail and didn’t know who was more frightened, her or the gecko.
Tesco have since apologised.
- Expat female chef chases off machete-wielding robbers - 18 Mar, 2011 @ 06:00
- People who study are healthier - 18 Mar, 2011 @ 05:30
- Poet Carlos Pranger: The new Brenan - 18 Mar, 2011 @ 05:00
- Spanish women are having fewer children - 17 Mar, 2011 @ 07:15
- Pill bargaining - 17 Mar, 2011 @ 07:00
- Carmen Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum set to open in Malaga - 16 Mar, 2011 @ 08:00
- Spain complains about Gibraltar landfill plans - 16 Mar, 2011 @ 08:00
- Operation nuclear clean-up - 15 Mar, 2011 @ 08:30
- Sevilla royal visit for Prince Charles and Camilla - 14 Mar, 2011 @ 10:56
- Ruffled feathers in Ronda - 14 Mar, 2011 @ 08:45