A DANGEROUS British paedophile who kept sweets in his van to lure young girls has finally been brought to justice in Spain.
After six years on the run, the man has been remanded in prison in Alhaurín de la Torre for molesting a four-year-old girl.
The English paedophile had been sentenced to 16 years in prison in Britain in 1994 but was able to flee to Spain and change his name.
He was reported to police in Benalmadena in 2004 by a fellow Brit who had discovered he had been taking nude photos of her young daughter.
It came after the accused left a disk containing child pornography in a computer in an internet café.
A search of his van days later uncovered a dozen floppy disks with more than 400 images of naked underage girls.
Police also found a further 11 CDs containing indecent images, a bag of sweets, four necklaces, a box containing paintings of women, and a camera.
He was arrested at the time but fled after he was released without bail.
A warrant was later issued for his arrest in July 2006 and he was finally caught in London in October 2008.
The man has now been transferred to Malaga province where he awaits a formal charge.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46