By James Bryce
A FIVE star hotel has made a fresh appeal to catch a client, who walked out having failed to pay his 1,500 euro bill.
Bosses at the Gran Hotel Guadalpin Banus are offering a one night stay and dinner for two for any information leading to the whereabouts of British gardener Alwyn Funke.
They are particularly angry after he phoned following a story in the Olive Press last issue, apologising for the matter and promising he was going to pay the bill.
A spokesman for the hotel insisted however that he failed to turn up as agreed on March 29 claiming he was in the UK having an operation.
“He was actually in Marbella,” claimed the spokesman, backing this up by evidence from a friend, who snapped him that day having lunch in a well-known Marbella restaurant.
Have you been conned by Funke? Call 951 16 60 60 or email [email protected]
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02