A CONTROVERSIAL TV show famous for featuring a singing poo and the immortal line ‘I killed Kenny’ is being shown to young children in Spain.
Telecinco has been criticised after the adult cartoon South Park, which is full of swearing, is being aired on the La 7 channel between 1.30pm and 2pm.
The Communications Users Association (AUC), has attacked the channel for broadcasting the show during ‘childrens’ time.’
The group insists that the series is ‘clearly inappropriate for children’ and has filed a complaint with the Ministry of Industry.
But despite publicly informing its viewers that it is ‘not recommended for under 18s’ Telecinco only gave the programme a PG-13 certificate and insists it is legal to run at that time.
“We regret that the AUC is unaware of the rules of our industry,” said a spokesman.
The programme makers Trey Parker and Matt Stone are also currently making headlines in the US with a hit Broadway musical poking fun at the Mormon Church.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46