GIBRALTARIAN fashion designer John Galliano will go on trial on June 22 on charges that he made anti-Semitic insults towards a couple in a Parisian café.
The former Christian Dior star was said to have hurled obsenities at them twice on October 8 last year and on February 24.
According to the French prosecutor, the penalty in France for insult ing people due to their origin, religion, race or ethnicity is six months imprisonment and a fine of 22,500 euros.
Galliano was ousted from Dior, as well as his namesake fashion house, in March following the allegations.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46