EXCLUSIVE By James Bryce
A BRITISH golf pro based in Marbella has been arrested over child sex offences.
Sean William Stiff, 39, is being detained after an alleged victim, now in her teens, claimed he abused her for five years.
The former boss of El Soto de Marbella Golf Club taught and even set up a youth academy at the club.
He has been in Spain for six years and previously worked as the golf pro at Cabopino and at El Chaparral in Mijas.
A Foreign Office spokesman said: “I can confirm the arrest of a British national.”
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02