By Wendy Williams
A RETIRED Irish woman has gone missing from Alhaurin El Grande.
Vivienne Hickey, 58, who is originally from Dublin, was last seen at the end of February when she said she was going to India.
However the police have confirmed that she has not left the country by air or sea and in fact never even applied for a visa.
Now her brother Brian Hickey is leading a search to find his sister.
“The family are very concerned about her,” he said.
“The last people to see her were probably barmen as lately she had been drinking heavily.
“She had been in rehab last October and came out looking great, and feeling great with her future ahead of her but suddenly she seems to have gone downhill.
“She had said she was going to India for a few weeks but the police have told us she never left the country.
“We have spoken to her friends in Alhaurin and they have told us that it is a small community where nothing like this happens. No one has seen her and like us they are very worried.
He added: “She has never vanished like this before; we are normally in contact on a very regular basis.”
Vivienne – who has blond hair and is 5’11” tall – has lived in Alhaurin El Grande for the last two years after moving from Coin where she lived for nine years.
Anyone with information can contact Brian Hickey on 00353872574000 or email [email protected]
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46