IT was a Costa del Sol hen night with a VERY big difference.
For starters, there were no ‘kiss me quick hats’, L plates or matching T-shirts, nor were there drunken antics ending – legs akimbo – on the dancefloor.
In fact, it is extremely unlikely that anyone spotted any the 400 hens who have been over for a Saudi Royal Wedding this weekend.
And even if they did, they would have mostly been wearing headscarves.
According to sources, the vast majority of hens – most of them princesses – arrived for the night in a fleet of black Mercedes.
The bride-to-be, the granddaughter of Prince Salman, Governor of Riyadh, had ensured it was a lavish affair, if at least not a public one.
She had spent a staggering 50,000 euros on landscaping and decoration alone at official Saudi Royal residence, the Al Nahda palace, in the hills above the Golden Mile.
The women are over to help celebrate the nuptials on July 2 with Talal Bin Abdulaziz Bandar.
It marks a welcome return of the Saudis to the resort that is set to provide a boost to the local economy.
Saudi royalty has been part of the Marbella glitterati since the 1970s Arab oil boom, although recent years have seen them spend more time on France’s Cote d’Azur.
More than 1,500 guests, possibly including the Spanish king, are expected to attend, with celebrations expected to last several days.
The guests have ensured that nearly all the top hotels in the popular Costa resort are fully booked for at least a week.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46