By Wendy Williams
A GROUP of 17 youths are facing prison for killing a British man in a street fight.
Roofer Stephen Mallon, 49, was hit over the head with a bottle and then pushed off a terrace in a brawl outside a bar in Cómpeta in June 2009.
The victim and his family – who have a holiday home in the normally quiet Axarquia town – had gone out for a drink before being set upon in the La Estrella pub.
Now, five of the youths involved in the clash – all aged between 18 and 25 – are being charged with homicide while the others face charges of causing injury and causing a brawl.
The case will be heard in the Provincial Court in Málaga, although no date has been fixed.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46