HOLIDAY firms have slashed costs for summer holidays in Spain.
Leading agent Thomas Cook is offering over a 1000 euros off some breaks to the country.
The discounts are as a result of increasing turmoil in the middle east and the spiraling recession.
Many families have decided to stay home in rain lashed Britain, while those that are travelling are looking for the best all inclusive breaks.
The UKs second biggest holiday company, issued a profits warning earlier this week amid reports they will be as much as £60million lower than expected.
One study suggests that internet searches for the term ‘cheap holidays’ and ‘self catering holidays in Spain‘ have more than doubled in recent weeks.
There are certainly some great deals out there.
Thomas Cook is offering a saving of over 1300 euros for a family of four going to Tenerife and staying in a three-star hotel on a half-board basis.
A seven night self catering deal in Mallorca is down by nearly 500 euros.
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00