By James Bryce
The grandson of notorious East End gangster ‘Mad’ Frankie Fraser has handed himself in to police in Gibraltar after two years on the run.
Anthony Fraser, 39, allegedly plotted to smuggle two tonnes of cannabis into the UK from the Netherlands by hiding it in frozen chickens.
Fraser had been on the Serious Organised Crime Agency’s (SOCA) most wanted list since police seized drugs worth 5.7 million euros at a warehouse in Essex in March 2009.
Five people were later jailed for between six and seven years for drug offences.
The Olive Press revealed earlier this year that Fraser had been living in a house in El Faro and was occasionally seen drinking in the Lounge Bar in Riviera.
Fraser’s 87-year-old grandad was a known associate of the notorious Kray and Richardson crime families.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02