THE biggest cat fish ever caught in Spain has been landed by a British angler.
The giant creature – measuring more than eight feet long and weighing 226lbs – was hooked in the River Ebro near Barcelona.
Alan Melhuish, 61, reeled in the monster following a titanic half hour struggle which needed three men to hold it.
The specimen – snared using pellets of dried halibut – is one of the biggest ever caught.
“I had to use all my strength to stop myself from being pulled off the pontoon into the river,” Melhuish said.
“When the scales went past the 200 mark and up to 226lbs I knew it was the fish of a lifetime.”
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46