ANYONE who’s ever thought ‘I could do that’ after watching Tom Cruise in Cocktail will have the chance to prove it, with the launch of a bar school on the coast.
The masterclass will be run by British World Champion Mixologist Simon Joseph, 27, who will pass on his expertise at Brubecks in Benavista.
Joseph – who has won various awards for his cocktail creations – took over the venue in February with his girlfriend Lucy Tinker, 24.
“People like cocktails,” explained trained chef Joseph.
“I have run a bar school before in England and I think it will work here.
“The idea is to teach people the basics about spirits, presentation and the bar set up.
“In Brubecks we sell a lot of cocktails.
We only have five on our menu but we do it perfectly unlike a lot of places on the coast which get the recipes wrong.”
The couple, who met in Gibraltar, took over the pub six months ago and are already proving popular with tourists and locals alike.
“It is going very well,” said Tinker.
“We basically do great deals on food in a relaxed cosy family atmosphere; and in particular people really like our carvery.”
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46