SALVADOR Dali once called her the most beautiful woman in the world.
And now, in a bizarre twist, the 1600-year-old Dama de Elche has been voted the sexiest Spanish woman of all time.
Hundreds of thousands of people voted in a poll run by FHM to declare the face behind the fourth century Iberian bust officially sexier than Spanish beauties Penelope Cruz, Elsa Pataky, Sara Montiel and Paz Vega.
The bust – discovered in 1897 by a local farmer at L’Alcúdia archaeological site – also beat other historic figures such as Isabel de Borbon who was well renowned for her beauty.
The magazine has since decided her victory was the result of a joke or someone hacking the website and so has re-launched the competition.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46