ENGLAND will bid to end their terrible record in major tournaments by spending a week on the Costa del Sol ahead of Euro 2012.
Manager Fabio Capello and his squad will begin preparations for the competition by spending five or six days at the exclusive Marbella Paradise of Football & Sports complex in La Quinta from May 21.
The complex has proved a popular training camp in the past for Premier League teams including Aston Villa, Everton and Newcastle.
“We need to find a warm place where we can work as a group and there are no problems for training,” said Capello.
“It’s very nice. Now we just need to decide when we will go to Marbella before we leave to go to Poland and Ukraine for the tournament.
“But I want us to stay as a group for that period. I hope there will be more time to rest, and I hope the players all have time to recover their energies.”
England have been drawn to face France, Sweden and Ukraine in the group stage next summer, and could face World and European champions Spain in the quarter finals.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02