IT can be hot work tackling fires for a living, but surely getting naked is going beyond the call of duty for these wannabe firefighters.
Still, it failed to stop the 200 scantily-clad applicants from staging a protest outside the Palacio de Cibeles in Madrid against a firefighter recruitment process they claim had been rigged.
The demonstrators were among 3,400 hopefuls looking to secure one of only 220 vacancies, but claimed the selection process was unfair and flawed with ‘many irregularities’.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02