A MALAGA professor has been sentenced to a year in prison after telling a student she would only pass if she had sex with him.
The pupil, who had failed the last exam of her teaching degree, had gone to see her teacher because she was worried about her situation.
The professor assured her he would ‘find a solution’ and asked for the pupil’s phone number.
He later phoned her and told her to come to his house at 7.30 in the evening.
When she arrived he locked the door and said that in order to pass she would have to have to have sex with him and when she tried to leave, he started trying to touch her breasts.
Thankfully the girl had brought back-up after growing suspicious about the private meeting.
Her sister, brother-in-law and a friend heard her shouting and started banging on the door – at which point her professor let her go.
The pupil was admitted to Carlos Haya hospital the following day with anxiety.
The professor, who has also been ordered to pay his pupil 2,000 euros in compensation, was sentenced to a year’s imprisonment at the Provincial Court.
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10