THE world’s best foie is nearly ready just in time for Christmas.
Made in the heart of Extremadura, Pateria de Sousa has become one of the top global foie producers and is going from strength to strength.
It even counts President Obama and Gordon Ramsay as clients and is now selling to the top stores in London.
Crucially however, Eduardo de Sousa and his brother Pedro have managed to create a delicious delicacy that is officially “cruelty free”.
“The reason our foie is so special is because we only produce it on a yearly basis,” explained Eduardo.
“We let the geese grow naturally in the wild, we don’t force feed them. We let nature work its magic.”
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10