EVER been out and about at the weekend and wondered where to eat? Or arrived for your holiday with no local knowledge at all? Well, help is at hand with the launch of the Olive Press’s brand new website Dining Secrets of Andalucia.
Designed to help you locate the region’s best places to eat – wherever you are in Andalucia’s eight provinces – it is full of incisive reviews and useful tips on what to eat.
Using up-to-date interactive maps, it has never been easier to find the best places to eat.
Compiled by the Olive Press’s team of award-winning journalists, it is entirely objective and restaurants do NOT have to pay to be included.
Moreover we are actively encouraging foodies and amateur critics from around the region to send in their recommendations and reviews.
They will be our eyes and ears in ensuring that the site stays fresh and up-to-date. Any restaurants that are not performing well will be removed.
Spinning off from a book Dining Secrets of Andalucia, written by Olive Press editor Jon Clarke, the website will be packed with interesting articles on food and wine.
The culmination of five years work investigating and reviewing restaurants around the region, the website includes everything from Michelin starred joints to five-euro-a-head ventas.
Broken down into ‘best of’ sections for value, families and adventure, it is entirely free of cost for the user.
“I have always wanted to have a website that picks out the best of the region,” explains Clarke, a keen foodie, who has written about travel and food for numerous British national newspapers including the Daily Mail and Telegraph.
“I was always amazed to discover how many good restaurants are quietly getting on with it, unsung and unknown but to a few loyal locals.
“Dining Secrets intends to change that and I hope its readers will get out and explore and keep in touch with us on the latest dishes and how places are performing.
“Above all, I want them to recommend to us all the exciting new places that open around the region each month,” he adds.
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00