FIREFIGHTERS extinguished a 500-hectare forest fire near Pujerra in the Serrania de Ronda at the weekend.
The blaze started at 11.20am on Saturday morning and was fanned by strong winds, reported INFOCA. The vegetation in this area of high ecological value was very dry due to the very low rainfall this winter. It was stabilised at 14.00hrs on Sunday.
Helicopters, seaplanes and ground crews all joined the efforts to bring the Level 2 emergency under control.
No injuries have been reported.
- VIDEO: Raquel Mena Medinilla
- DO YOU HAVE ANY PICTURES OF THE BLAZE? Please email them to [email protected]
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33