ENJOYING a break in Spain and other sunny destinations could boost your chances of getting pregnant.
Sunshine increases fertility in both men and women by raising levels of vitamin D, a new study has found.
The vitamin plays a key role in balancing sex hormones in women and improving sperm count in men.
It boosts levels of progesterone and oestrogen in women by 13 per cent and 21 per cent respectively, making conception more likely by regulating menstrual cycles.
For men, time in the sun increases the male sex hormone testosterone, boosting a man’s libido, according to the review of several studies, published in the European Journal of Endocrinology.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02