AN irresponsible expat has been charged with neglect after abandoning her three-year-old in a car for half an hour.
The 28-year-old German left her daughter alone in the car park of Malaga airport while she went to collect a relative from arrivals.
Her actions were reported by a man who parked next to the expat, while dropping off his girlfriend for a flight.
He noticed the toddler asleep in a chair with all the windows closed and waited for five minutes to see if anyone appeared before reporting it to a security guard.
Police quickly arrived at the scene and waited another few minutes until the mother returned to the car and was arrested for neglect.
The incident came just three days after a man was arrested in Malaga for leaving his four-year-old grandson alone in the house while he went to run an errand.
In what was very nearly fatal, the boy accidentally set fire to the house with a lighter and had to be rescued by a neighbour.
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10