A BRITISH woman has plummeted to her death while hiking on holiday in Spain.
Estate agent Daniella Starritt, 51, slipped during a hill walk with her husband near Barranco del Infierno gorge on the Costa Blanca.
She survived the initial fall and was conscious, merely complaining of pain in one of her legs.
She had died however by the time rescuers reached her two hours later.
A post-mortem is now due to be carried out in Alicante.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02