SPAIN has once again proved it has some of the best beaches in Europe with no less than five appearing in the top 10.
Puerto Alcudia in Mallorca was the highest ranked beach, coming third, with Benidorm close behind in fifth.
The Canary Islands were well represented, claiming all of the final three slots in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards.
Playa del Ingles in Gran Canaria came in at number eight, followed by Corralejo in Fuerteventura (9) and Puerto del Carmen in Lanzarote (10).
Both of the top two beaches were in Turkey, while Bournemouth was the only UK representative to make the cut, ranked fourth.
The annual awards are determined according to ratings given by millions of global travellers in their reviews on the TripAdvisor website.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02