A NEW book charting the atrocities of the Franco era has been published.
The Spanish Holocaust: Inquisition and Extermination in Twentieth-Century Spain examines what is arguably the darkest period in Spain’s history.
Besides events on the battlefield, author Paul Preston also discusses the tens of thousands of Spaniards officially executed between 1936 and 1945.
Around 200,000 innocent men, women and children were killed by Franco and his supporters, who set out to eliminate ‘those who do not think as we do’.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02