IT could be described as ‘almost the perfect crime’.
But a woman who killed her friend and impregnated the body with semen to convince police there was a sexual motive has been sentenced to 22 years behind bars.
The court in Barcelona found Maria Angeles Molina guilty of murdering Ana Paez in a bid to collect life insurance policies worth more than one million euros.
She had taken them out using her friend’s identity over a series of months.
She stole her identity documents and disguised herself with a wig in order to hoodwink insurers.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02