BRITISH holidaymakers and expats are set to suffer more flight misery this summer with Bmibaby due to close down.
The low-cost airline will end some services next month before folding completely in September, according to parent company IAG.
Flights from Belfast to Malaga, Alicante and Murcia will end on June 11, while all other routes operated by the carrier – including Almeria, Gibraltar and Malaga – will officially end on September 9.
The airline’s website states that all passengers affected by the closure will be re-booked onto an alternative service where possible or given a full refund.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02