EXCLUSIVE by James Bryce
HARRY Redknapp has been quick to get back on the terrace following his sacking by Tottenham Hotspur last week, but only to enjoy a consoling meal with friends and family on the Costa del Sol.
The 65-year-old put a brave face on his disappointment as he dined al fresco with 14 of his nearest and dearest at La Sala restaurant in Marbella.
The former West Ham and Portsmouth boss – who until recently was a leading contender for the England job -had earlier spent Sunday evening pondering what might have been as he watched the European Championship match between Portugal and Holland on TV.
Redknapp has come to Spain with his wife Sandra after his shock dismissal by the North London club, which followed their failure to secure a lucrative Champions League spot next season.
“It has been a hard few months and I just want to keep my head down and take a break,” Redknapp said.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02