AS far as garden ornaments go, it takes some beating.
A 12th century cloister with Romanesque arches that borders the swimming pool of Swiss expat Kurt Englehorn on his 22-hectare estate in Girona.
The spectacular piece of architecture was purchased by the homeowner’s grandfather in the 1950s, but has only just been ‘discovered’ by experts.
Surprisingly, the structure – compared to the monastery of Santo Domingo de Silos in Burgos – has no cultural protection and does not even feature on the inventory for the property.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02