A TEAM of helpers on bikes will be doing their utmost to ensure bather safety in Rincon de la Victoria this summer.
Members of the 30-strong team will cycle up and down 9km of beaches, providing information to day-trippers and holidaymakers.
The helpers, who will be most present between Wednesday and Sunday, will have a kayak, rescue boat and quad bike at their disposal.
They will also have a defibrillator, a psychologist for emergencies – and even a weather station that was kindly donated by local resident Ildefonso Aparicio.
“The team is intended to guarantee the safety of our beaches,” said mayor Francisco Salado.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46