By Rund Abdelfatah
A BRITISH motorist traveling the wrong way down a one-way street has hit a local councillor on her moped in Nerja.
The expat, a man in his 60s, failed to stop and later tested positive for drink driving after the collision with Encarnacion Moreno, the councillor for Employment and Social Welfare.
Two National Policemen on holiday in Nerja who witnessed the incident, followed the driver to his house on Calle Ubeda, where they contacted local police and awaited their arrival.
Moreno was taken to the Axarquia District Hospital in Velez Malaga where she was treated for cuts and bruises.
A spokesman for Nerja Town Hall said: “It is usual for British residents to be ‘confused’ and when they leave their urbanisations to drive onto oncoming traffic.”
- Maximilian Bartie - 4 Sep, 2012 @ 14:20
- Making a splash around Andalucia - 3 Sep, 2012 @ 14:22
- Andalucia’s open-air cuisine - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 14:04
- Corruption probe over illegal licence for Benalmadena apartment complex - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:50
- Classes for parents aim to combat fatigue in children - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:48
- Andalucia dubbed a birdwatcher’s paradise - 1 Sep, 2012 @ 09:20
- Meeting the Spanish ‘Robin Hood’ - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 14:00
- Spain turns volume down - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 10:54
- A new look for Spaniard Penelope Cruz - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 09:00
- Worker dies in Benalmadena rubbish accident - 30 Aug, 2012 @ 13:16