THE recession is weighing down heavily on families around the region.
But few places are struggling as much as in the Serrania de Ronda, where it is reported that over 50 per cent of families are living off less than €400 a month.
According to Maria Aranda, who is coordinating a €90,000 project between the Junta and the EU to help revive the seven municipalities in the region, they need urgent help.
The seven towns outlined in the plan are Algatocin, Arriate, Benaojan, Benalauria, Atajate, Cortes de la Frontera and Pujerra.
- Maximilian Bartie - 4 Sep, 2012 @ 14:20
- Making a splash around Andalucia - 3 Sep, 2012 @ 14:22
- Andalucia’s open-air cuisine - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 14:04
- Corruption probe over illegal licence for Benalmadena apartment complex - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:50
- Classes for parents aim to combat fatigue in children - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:48
- Andalucia dubbed a birdwatcher’s paradise - 1 Sep, 2012 @ 09:20
- Meeting the Spanish ‘Robin Hood’ - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 14:00
- Spain turns volume down - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 10:54
- A new look for Spaniard Penelope Cruz - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 09:00
- Worker dies in Benalmadena rubbish accident - 30 Aug, 2012 @ 13:16