PUBLIC motorway tolls have gone up by 7.5% with immediate effect and it is set to increase even more when the IVA/VAT rate is put in place on 1 September.
The move follows the government’s decision to reduce the subsidies granted to the motorway concessionaries.
In particular the AP-7, which runs from Cataluna down the Mediterranean coast, the AP-2 and C-33 will be affected.
Joana Ortega, Deputy President of theCataloniagovernment has criticised the decisions.
“Every Friday (After the cabinet meeting inMadrid) there are new measures which punish Catalonia and go against what the country needs,” he said.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36