WHILE Team GB bathe in the glory of third position in the Olympics medal chart, for Spain things do not seem to be going quite so well.
So far their achievements include winning a pitiful five medals…and flashing their rude bits on national TV.
The boob blooper came during USA channel NBC’s live coverage of a women’s water polo match between Spain and the USA.
As two players grappled for the ball under the water, American player Kami Craig tugged her opponent’s swimsuit – exposing her right breast to anybody who happened to be watching.
Spain has won gold in women’s sailing, three silvers – two courtesy of swimmer Mireia Belmonte Garcia and one for the men’s triathlon – and a bronze in the canoe slalom.
Perhaps the lack of medals is due to the amount of time spent poking fun at the host nation, with Spanish athletes shooting footage showing relay runners replacing the traditional baton with a bowler hat and umbrella and standing around drinking tea.
It also features a toned figure emerging from a red phone box and another apparently smoking a pipe before the athletes drive off in a black cab.
Their record wasn’t much better at the Beijing Olympics in 2008, when Spain’s basketball team shocked the world by striking a collective ‘slit-eyed’ pose ahead of the games.
- Maximilian Bartie - 4 Sep, 2012 @ 14:20
- Making a splash around Andalucia - 3 Sep, 2012 @ 14:22
- Andalucia’s open-air cuisine - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 14:04
- Corruption probe over illegal licence for Benalmadena apartment complex - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:50
- Classes for parents aim to combat fatigue in children - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:48
- Andalucia dubbed a birdwatcher’s paradise - 1 Sep, 2012 @ 09:20
- Meeting the Spanish ‘Robin Hood’ - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 14:00
- Spain turns volume down - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 10:54
- A new look for Spaniard Penelope Cruz - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 09:00
- Worker dies in Benalmadena rubbish accident - 30 Aug, 2012 @ 13:16