THE family of a cyclist who went missing near Nerja have returned home to the UK fearing the worst.
The wife and children of 63-year-old Gordon Simm, who went missing in the Chillar Canyon area nearly three weeks ago, say they have nearly given up hope of finding him.
Keen mountaineer Simm embarked on what should have been a day-long ride from Nerja into the nearby hills.
When he still had not returned the following day, his wife Wendy informed local authorities who began in depth searches with helicopters, dogs and volunteers.
The Guardia Civil believe Mr Simm may have lost his way in misty conditions.
- Maximilian Bartie - 4 Sep, 2012 @ 14:20
- Making a splash around Andalucia - 3 Sep, 2012 @ 14:22
- Andalucia’s open-air cuisine - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 14:04
- Corruption probe over illegal licence for Benalmadena apartment complex - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:50
- Classes for parents aim to combat fatigue in children - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:48
- Andalucia dubbed a birdwatcher’s paradise - 1 Sep, 2012 @ 09:20
- Meeting the Spanish ‘Robin Hood’ - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 14:00
- Spain turns volume down - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 10:54
- A new look for Spaniard Penelope Cruz - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 09:00
- Worker dies in Benalmadena rubbish accident - 30 Aug, 2012 @ 13:16