THE elderly Danish couple found dead in their Torrox flat have been named as Clemens Vilhelm, 78, and Jytte Houen, 73.
The couple, who died of natural causes, had been dead for at least 10 days and their bodies had started to decompose.
Tests showed Houen died first.
It is thought her husband, who had reduced mobility and was being cared for by Houen, then passed away because he was not given the medicine he needed.
Neighbours said the pair, who had been living in Spain for a decade, kept themselves to themselves.
“It seemed strange that I had not seen them for over a week,” said Enrique Cruz, who said he had noticed a strong smell in the hallway.
“They had also left one of their car windows open,” he added.
The bodies were found in their flat in Costa del Oro, a block overlooking the beach at Torrox Costa, late on Tuesday night.
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10