A TWO-YEAR-OLD British girl has drowned after falling into a swimming pool while on holiday in Spain.
Isabella May Crump had been staying at a relative’s villa with her parents, grandparents and four-year-old brother near Torrevieja on the Costa Blanca.
Police said she had been sleeping in a hammock with her mother, 26-year-old Deborah Ridgway, but apparently woke up and fell into the pool.
Her body was found floating in the water after her family woke up, but efforts by paramedics to revive her failed.
Her father Patrick Crump, 37, said: “We were staying at a family villa. We would now like to be left alone so we can grieve in our own way.”
Police are investigating the circumstances around the incident and confirmed they would be taking statements from the Shropshire-based family.
A police spokesman said: “A routine investigation is underway but everything is pointing to this being a tragic accident.”
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02