ANYONE wanting to hobnob with the British royals has a good to even chance in Sotogrande each August.
Now the Olympics are out of the way, it is highly likely that a phallanx of princesses and princes will troup their way down to grace the perfectly clipped green baize surfaces of the enclave’s polo clubs.
Most regular visitor is Fergie, the Duchess of York, who spends up to a month each summer staying within the high security confines of the resort.
Sometimes residing at the multi-million euro residence of former boyfriend Paddy McNally – a former journalist, who part-controlled the advertising rights to Formula One – she usually brings out her daughters Eugenie and Beatrice, who often celebrates her birthday in Sotogrande.
Other frequent royal visitors are future king William and his brother Harry, who have occasionally played in the annual summer polo tournament.
They are following in the footsteps of their father Charles, who regularly turned up to play in the summer tournament, occasionally winning a prize.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02