IT is without a doubt the nerve centre of Sotogrande.
While winning no prizes for beauty, Pueblo Nuevo is where you get things done in Sotogrande.
Home to many of the key businesses, it is also full of reasonably priced places to eat.
Here you will find an excellent English butcher, Paul Dennis, as well as a fantastic wine shop, Anglo Wines.
Up the main drag you will also find a good newspaper shop Ofi Press, various interior design shops, as well as an English-run tyre fitter Peter at Don, who has repaired the cars of ‘just about everyone’ over the last nine years.
There are a handful of excellent flower shops including Areka and Florium, run by Rossi Luke, who prides herself on her green practices.
Another surprise is the private home of Linda Cockerell, on the other side of the river Guadiaro in San Enrique.
Called Cortijo las Flores it has the most incredible range of exciting fabrics, alongside an eclectic range of furniture items and accessories from around the world.
It is no surprise that her clients come from far and wide and include Russians, English and Germans.
Keep going along this country lane, the A-5300 up the Guadiaro valley and you will soon arrive in the ‘real’ Spain.
Almost all the land en route to San Pablo de Buceite was once owned by the famous Larios family, one of Andalucia’s wealthiest dynasty.
The trio of distinctly Andalucian towns San Pablo (wheat), San Martin (olive oil and oranges) and San Luis de Sabinillas (sugar) were set up as productive farms and thrived, while usually offering their workers a pittance as wages.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02