UNLESS you happen to have a spare million it is hardly likely that you will be buying a home in Sotogrande anytime soon.
Luckily though there are a couple of reasonably-priced hostels on the edge of the resort, the best by far being the stylish great-value boutique hotel Milla de Plata
Overlooking Torreguadiaro beach, this stunning place is the brainchild of dynamic local businessman Cristobel Rodriguez, who has a keen eye for detail and a great way with the public.
After setting up two dozen businesses in the area he has settled on being a hotelier and has very much stamped his style on the place.
An exceptional use of light, it feels very St.Tropez with its dozen spacious white bedrooms literally overlooking the sea. Outside is a small pool and a great chill out terrace with a series of comfortable day beds to lounge on. It has a great restaurant to boot, but its friendly staff take the biscuit.
Another great spot to lay down your head is at the San Roque Suites Hotel which has been through a major transformation over the last year with a new reception area, restaurant and room renovations.
Set in wonderful grounds of mature cypress, orange and palm trees, its comfortable suites were used by the Ryder Cup team when Europe just beat the Americans in 1997.
Quiet and comfortable this is a veritable golfer’s dream and you have everything on your doorstep.
There are a few other places to stay, meanwhile, including the stylish Maritimo hotel in the port designed by Madrid style-guru Pascua Ortega, while if it is something rustic you are looking for, you should head to the charming country estate Cortijo el Papudo.
Set in a beautiful 21 hectare estate, near San Martin, surrounded by avocado, palm and orange trees, this historic country home dates back to the early 19th century.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36