BARCELONA FC goalkeeper Victor Valdes has been charged with forgery and fraud.
Valdes is accused of falsely acquiring a seafaring permit to operate a yacht without ever taking the exam.
Police in Valencia have linked the football star to a wider fraud operation, which has been under investigation since last March and has led to the arrests of more than 100 people so far, including former Levante winger Asier del Horno, ex-basketball player Fran Vazquez, and actor Oscar Jaenada.
While some of the alleged fraudsters purchased their yacht captain certificates, others obtained the title by wearing an earpiece during the test that fed them all the answers.
- Maximilian Bartie - 4 Sep, 2012 @ 14:20
- Making a splash around Andalucia - 3 Sep, 2012 @ 14:22
- Andalucia’s open-air cuisine - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 14:04
- Corruption probe over illegal licence for Benalmadena apartment complex - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:50
- Classes for parents aim to combat fatigue in children - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:48
- Andalucia dubbed a birdwatcher’s paradise - 1 Sep, 2012 @ 09:20
- Meeting the Spanish ‘Robin Hood’ - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 14:00
- Spain turns volume down - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 10:54
- A new look for Spaniard Penelope Cruz - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 09:00
- Worker dies in Benalmadena rubbish accident - 30 Aug, 2012 @ 13:16