HOLIDAYMAKERS and expats were evacuated on Saturday following a blaze in scrubland on the Costa del Sol.
Four urbanisations and a hotel were cleared as a precaution, while a section of the N340 was closed for a number of hours following the fire in Estepona.
Beach-goers were also affected as the fire, which broke out at around 3pm, left a thick haze hanging over the town although no injuries were reported.
Firefighters eventually brought the flames under control late in the evening, with residents of urbanisations including Valle Romano and Don Pedro able to return to their homes.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02