By James Bryce
THE family of a British man who went missing a week ago on the Costa del Sol is facing an agonising wait for news of his whereabouts.
John Leach, 65, a former actor who once starred in 1990s TV series El Dorado has not been seen since leaving his home in La Cala de Mijas on August 21.
He was last spotted walking near El Sheriff bar at around 12.30pm – he was carrying €10 in cash and his mobile phone but has failed to answer any calls.
“We have spoken to all his friends so we know he isn’t staying with any of them,” his daughter Jessica Leach told the Olive Press.
“He likes his daily routine and always sticks to it so this is not normal behaviour for him.
“Me and my mum are sick with worry and just hope he is found safe and returned home soon,” the 30-year-old added.
Leach was wearing a grey polo shirt with beige or white three-quarter-length trousers and brown shoes.
He is thought to have been planning to attend a wake at a venue near El Chaparral golf course, which was due to start at 4pm.
Anyone with information about his whereabouts should contact Jessica Leach directly on 602 605 188 or email [email protected]
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02