BRITISH ambassador Giles Paxman, has sent a letter to government representative Jorge Hernandez Mollar, expressing his “admiration and gratitude” for how local authorities have dealt with the recent Costa del Sol fires.
In the letter, Paxman writes that firefighters, hospital staff, local authorities and charities ‘have shown the degree of professionalism, commitment and sensitivity that you expect from our Spanish partners in these circumstances’.
Paxman also added: “The many British citizens living in the province of Malaga have reason to be grateful for their assistance. On behalf of these British people and my government, I wish to express our sincere thanks.”
The fire which affected several thousand Brits burned across 8225 hectares throughout six districts of the province.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36