By Dana Ferguson
DESPITE a recession that has affected property sales throughout the country, holiday homes in Mijas are still in high demand.
Andrew Dodd, a sales manager at Homefinders, in La Cala de Mijas, estimates that sales in Mijas have seen a reasonable amount of growth in 2012.
“Mijas Costa and in particular the areas close to La Cala are bucking the trend when it comes to property sales,” he says.
Most of the buyers of holiday homes that are propping up the market are Scandinavian and British customers.
“I can’t get enough properties to sell around or close to La Cala,” he continues. “And ones with a sunny aspect, sea view and a decent price get snapped up very quickly.
“Now is definitely the time to be looking for a bargain and we are ready to help,” he said.
David Parker meanwhile, partner at MPA Homes just up the coast in Calypso, has also noted the increase in sales, in particular to Scandinavian clients.
This, he says, has been helped by a dramatic lowering of prices in the area.
“For some homes by up to 50% and prices are still falling,” he adds.
While Spanish clients are dwindling, the growth in the holiday home market has stayed strong. “There are some good deals out there and everybody’s looking for a bargain,” he continues.
Finally, if you are looking for a good reputable rentals agent, Sol Finders in Calahonda will take some beating.
- VegTrug receives two awards at Iberflora Show - 2 Nov, 2012 @ 10:00
- Surgeon in Asturias speaks out for homeopathy - 1 Nov, 2012 @ 07:55
- Picasso returns to Spain - 31 Oct, 2012 @ 08:30
- Madrid to open office for missing babies - 30 Oct, 2012 @ 17:35
- Spain’s A-377 in need of repair - 26 Oct, 2012 @ 16:09
- Marbella inherits former Roca property - 26 Oct, 2012 @ 11:16
- Chef Dani Garcia celebrates Andalucia factory opening with new recipes - 26 Oct, 2012 @ 09:00
- Jagger’s daughter models for tuna - 20 Oct, 2012 @ 10:30
- Spanish homeowners dealing with fires and floods will have to pay - 20 Oct, 2012 @ 10:11
- Phones can ruin relationships, research shows - 20 Oct, 2012 @ 09:57