A BRITISH man has been found dead after the yacht he was on capsized and broke up after hitting rocks.
The 70- year-old man, originally of Polish decent, was sailing in La Coruna bay when his 10 metre yacht ran into trouble.
After an intensive search, rescuers found the body and attempts to save him were unsuccessful.
Early reports suggested that two more people were on board the yacht but EFE sources have confirmed the man was sailing alone.
- Spanish Mirador bosses sentenced to two years in prison - 29 Oct, 2012 @ 08:30
- Woman searching for cousin on Costa del Sol - 26 Oct, 2012 @ 16:05
- Spanish test driver recalls UK crash ordeal - 25 Oct, 2012 @ 08:00
- The hiking trails of Mijas - 24 Oct, 2012 @ 09:30
- Estepona hospital plan back on the go - 21 Oct, 2012 @ 15:38
- Spanish scientists to explore Saturn moon - 21 Oct, 2012 @ 08:16
- Things that go bump in the night: Spanish ghosts and ghouls - 20 Oct, 2012 @ 11:53
- Spectacular Sayalonga - 18 Oct, 2012 @ 09:30
- British man found dead in Spain after yacht capsizes - 16 Oct, 2012 @ 14:19
- What your egg says about you - 14 Oct, 2012 @ 17:00