CRIMESTOPPERS is appealing for information on two suspected murderers who are believed to have fled to Spain.
Derek McGraw Ferguson, 48, and William Paterson, 33, are wanted for two separate murders which occurred three years apart.
Ferguson is wanted in connection with the murder of Thomas Cameron who was killed at a pub in Glasgow in 2007, while Patterson is wanted for the shooting and murder of Kevin Carroll at an Asda car park in Robroyston 2010.
Scotland Crimestoppers’ Chairman for Strathclyde Police Force, Alan Fraser, said: “These two individuals have been wanted for some time in connection with two equally horrific and cold-blooded murders, it is time for the Spanish and British public to come forward with any information that will lead to the arrests of these two men.
“Our fugitive campaigns continue to succeed in bringing more criminals, especially those accused of murder, back from overseas to face their crimes in the UK. We are confident that the response from the public following this appeal can lead to locating these two suspects.”
Detective Chief Superintendent, John Cuddihy, Head of Serious and Organised Crime and Counter Terrorism at Strathclyde Police said: “These two dangerous individuals may have thought that by trying to integrate with the expat community in Spain that they would be safe and out of the reach of Strathclyde Police.
“However, as I have said before there is no hiding place for those involved in serious and organised crime. Where ever you are we will be coming to find you. Nothing shows that clearer than the work we are doing today and will continue to do,” he added.
For anyone calling from Spain who has information there is a freephone telephone number: 900 555 111
People can also pass on information anonymously via the Crimestoppers number 0800 555 111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36